Thursday, October 5, 2023

Broken love 💔(A soldier's tale)



Chapter 3:

I found out about the preparation this evening, it's was meant to be a surprise wedding, my dad's wants to  marry me off without my consent to the senator's son. I won't let him have his way. I sobbed gently.

He just sat there thinking. You have to go?
Wait ,what?I was shocked by his sudden change of mind. I never expected this from him.

Yes, your parents want the best for you, I may not be able to give you the life which you crave for.

 I'm never going to marry Tobi not for any reason. His too arrogant and full of himself. His not the kind of guy any sensible lady will want to be with. And what do you know about the kind of life I crave for?

Hmmm, interesting. Tell me the kind of guy any sensible lady will love to be with..? he asked winking at me.

Answer mine first?

"never mind".
"Never mind as well" i replied him He's too cute as I stared at him.

We slept off cuddling ourselves.

I was woken up by a soft kiss planted on my fore head, as his sweet scent of perfume filled the whole room.

"You are set for work, so early, it's still 5'oclock in the morning.

Yeah, duty calls. He replied checking out his outfit in a nearby mirror.

I'll see you when I get back, take good care of yourself ok. 

Bye love,I stood up to see him off as he pecked me.
I watched him zoom off on his power bike.
I couldn't sleep again as his thought erupted my mind. I held his clothes closer to my heart  and sniffing it at different intervals.

During the day, there was nothing much to do,I took a walk around the Barack getting to know my neighbors since I would be living there. I saw the women doing some house chores, I longed to do it but unfortunately I was never taught how to do domestic chores. I ate only the bread I saw in his mini fridge till he came back around 7pm at night.

I hugged him, "welcome back", I miss you baby.. I spouted my lips like a baby.

"How was your day?"

"Boring"

"Mine wasn't fun as well, work work work". I noticed he was tired.

"I'm hungry what did you cook".
I adjusted scratching my hair, I was deeply embarrassed.

"It's fine I'll prepare something for us to eat". He proceeded towards the kitchen but I was swift to held him back.
"No no no, I can cook just that I overslept so I didn't wake on time prepare your meal, just sit here let me prepare your food. I quietly walked into the kitchen.
I know of a truth cooking was never imbibed in me.. unaware to me, Maurice was looking at me through the kitchen door.
"Are you sure you don't need some help", I was startled by the sound of  his voice.

I concurred.

Dinner was ready in less than an hour as the aroma of jellof rice filled the whole room.

After the delicious meal. I offered to do the dishes, I was gradually fitting in, after all I have a whole lot learn.
He alerted my attention on getting there,the news about my disappearance was all over the city. A reward of 5million naira was to be  given to who soever was to find my whereabout.

I saw the worried look on Maurice.
"What do we do? Your dad is keen on finding you, do you have any trust worthy friend around". I wasn't the type that keeps friend.
"Yeah, Ella, but by now I guess my dad would have contacted her". 
Weeks turned into months, I has learn so fast, I learnt through observation from my neighbors and cooking from my great chef, Maurice.

Maurice has warned me never to go out to get things, I would only call or text him,while he get the things himself.

On this particular day, I urgently needed to prepare dinner before his arrival.  At the market I noticed two men following me, I turned severally to see if they were going on their business but it seems I was their business. They stopped aas soon as I made a stop. I smirked at them, I purposely increased my steps and they did as well. 

Who knows how long, they've been following me?

I need to divert their attentions. SoI took a bushy part and when I got to a lonely area. I stood still.
"Who are you and why have you been stalking me.
We need to get you to your father right now, they made a move to touch me, I quickly threw a punch on the first one, then kick the other on this private region. The first one charged towards me almost immediately throwing a punch immediately at me, I dogded him and gave him a submission grappling, causing to bleed on his lips.

The both were down wincing in pains, I quickly took my things before been caught again.
I wasn't only the daughter of a drug dealer but I was as well skilled In marital art, dad taught this as  self defense art and I made use of it at that moment. 

I didn't inform Maurice about what happened.

Few weeks later, Maurice went out to work as usual and was reported absent. After waiting a day without his appearance, a search party was sent to look for him. Deep down I knew I was been track down and was caught, since they couldn't come for me in the barrack, they went for Maurice. I knew my Maurice has been abducted by my dad.
I began preparing my self for the next line of action.

When I got a call from a private number. I crossed the number to see if it has a gun sign to avoid explosion. That was a skill taught to me in the group. There was none. So I picked the call.

"If you want to see your dear lover, you better be here in the nearest 30 minutes or I will send his corpse to you".

You dare not hurt him, else…. The line went dead, I put on a dark trouser and a black hoodie and left. Tracing the direction of the address given to me was hard. It was indeed an uncompleted building in a thick forest. I arrived there by 8pm at that night.
All for me to see my…….

TBC

I am Magdalene Akuma I believe in positivity 💖💖
Magdalene's library

No comments:

Post a Comment

Live no man's life

10 BENEFITS OF BITTER KOLA ( GRANACIA KOLA)

10 HEALTH BENEFITS OF BITTER KOLA CONSUMPTION AND ITS USES BITTER KOLA THE AFRICAN WONDER NUT: HEALTH BENEFITS AND ITS USES This article sum...