Saturday, April 8, 2023

A LITTLE BOY

There was a time i was going through serious bully from one young boy in our community while growing up.

Whenever this boy sees me, he walks up to me, hit me, slaps me on most occasions before collecting all i had on me in edibles and materials.

I caused it anyways.
When we were in Primary school, there was a funny name they gave the boy whose real name is "Yemi," probably cause of the way he talks. So when we were in Primary school, i was part of those that really humiliated and frustrated the boy so bad that he goes behind the class room to cry out his eyes cause i never called him Yemi, instead, i encouraged all our school mates to call him by the funny name and we all mocked him seriously.

But then,we got to secondary school only for this young boy to have developed a big stature andmuscles around his body, good enough to intimidate all his primary school foes.
I couldn't tell anyone at home that i was going through this annoying humiliation fromthat charcoal-black fat boy.

Whenever i saw him, i became humble to the core. I will carry this kind of pity look sothe boy could pity me and let me go, but this boy has got no conscience at all.

One day, i was only playing with one of my Mom's fashion rings and just then, she calledout to me, i quickly kept the ring in my pocket. She actually wanted me and myyounger Sister, Adebimpe Pearl to check on a colleague for her and actually this bully's house was closeto where she was sending us to.

As we were approaching the place, i saw Yemi walking up to us with a very dangeroussassy smile on his face and with that smile, i could tell what i was in for.
I was still carrying the same face cause my younger sister was with me and i neverwanted her to know what was going on, but deep down my heart... Oh God! I wastrembling.

I carried a fake bold face that evening and frowned seriously at this bully of mine as hewalked towards us, warning me not to move further from where i was, but with onemind, i dared to ignore his warning cause my sister was there.

Yemi got to us and poked me on my forehead, pushing my head backwards, but iwanted to be a strong brother to my younger sister (smiles) so i protested, even though iwas feeling like a dead meat already cause if the boy should initiate a fight, i don't havethe power, physique, nerves and courage to wrestle with him.

As he was trying to start up a fight, i unconsciously got my hand into my pocket andbrought it back only for my dear bully to move backwards and then started running awayfrom me.

I was kinda amazed.
What could have set me free from this boy today?
What a miracle!
Just then, i heard him saying in Yoruba language "you want to use a diabolic ring onme" (o fe gba mi l'oruka)

The boy took to his heels while i was trying to move closer to him to be sure i was reallyexperiencing that event turnaround.

I looked at my hand truly and i saw Mom's fashion ring that i forgot in my pocket,dazzling on my finger innocently.

Since that day, wherever Yemi sees me, he comes to greet me specially.
In fact, he paid homage to me anytime he comes to my area and i took advantage of the situation and see myself asking him to do certain things for me whichhe would quickly carry out diligently.

What kind of situation is it that seem too frustrating?
You have been facing serious confrontation and you feel as though defeated andbroken.

Most times, you don't even know what to believe. Your head keeps blasting hurt like atruck's horn had been installed there.
You feel bowing down in shame and kissing the dust is the final end point?
No! No!!

Most times, our challenges are not really as strong as we view them.
Some of them are only waiting for minor actions from us.
Some are even blessings in disguise.

Don't just play "loser" by sitting down there.
Confront your confrontations.
Look straight at those challenges and be ready to hold them under your control.
Most of them are really not as big as we see them. Just a minor action from us can clearup most difficulties.

Remember,
The way out of the Red Sea is in the Red Sea.

~JAYCROWN OLAJUWON~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Live no man's life

10 BENEFITS OF BITTER KOLA ( GRANACIA KOLA)

10 HEALTH BENEFITS OF BITTER KOLA CONSUMPTION AND ITS USES BITTER KOLA THE AFRICAN WONDER NUT: HEALTH BENEFITS AND ITS USES This article sum...